A couple guys have been installing this lately, so I figured I’d document my install. Went pretty smoothly, except for me always dropping nuts and bolts. I also spent some time cleaning the sludge and oil, as well as time yelling at my kids for fighting lol. Anyways here we go!
How it looked when I started:
First up, I removed my two DCI filters and the factory diverter valves. Next I removed the stock charge pipe.
This pic is the stock charge pipe next to the new VSRF charge pipe. Notice no mounting bracket and larger diameter on the VSRF pipe. I transferred over the IAT sensor and it went in with ease. Almost too easy. I torqued down the two allen bolts and made sure they were tight because I’m hoping that it doesn’t leak there.
I noticed some oil in the pipe going down to the intercooler. I should probably thinking about doing the upgrade PCV and OCC soon. I cleaned it out with some Brake Cleaner on a rag.
Here is a shot of the IAT sensor harness and the throttle body. Again I used some Brake Cleaner on a rag an cleaned the area around the throttle body.
Getting this %@#[email protected]#! clamp on the BOV flange and around the BOV was awful. I felt like I bent it out so much that it had a flat in it afterwards LOL! Anyways, make sure you put the small o-ring in there for the BOV to seal with.
TiAl BOV all mounted and tightened.
Next up, I put the t-bolt clamps over the pipes and wiggled the end into place. I put the throttle body side over the throttle body but didn’t clamp anything. First I made sure that the intercooler side was all on properly.
I took the T fitting that came with my ECS boost gauge and cut a piece off. I also took a 3/16″ drill bit and opened the hole up slightly. I didn’t want to pull my intake manifold yet, because I’ll be doing walnut blasting over the winter. When I do that, I’ll add the enlarged fitting. However, so far I’m not having any problems with flutter.
After putting the c-clip on the throttle body side, I put the filters back on and the front air scoop thing back on. I double checked all the hoses and pipes, and cleaned up the engine bay slightly. Then I started the car and revved it in the driveway. Seemed to blow-off just fine, so I took it for a drive. It’s not as loud as I thought it would be. Honestly, I can barely hear it. Doesn’t seem too much louder than the DV’s. I do need to take some logs though, because with a quick-shift, it seemed that the turbos were a little laggy. I want to make sure I don’t have any boost leaks anywhere.
Side note, fitment was absolutely spot on. Had no problems whatsoever with the fitting of the pipe, other than the IAT sensor seemed light it should have been tighter.
Hope this helps you guys out there! Thanks for reading!!