Came across this video from April, 2013, when Allstar Tactical hosted Rob for a Combat Focus Shooting and Combat Focus Carbine class. The final exercise for the combat focus carbine class was this drill here that we were able to record. It’s an interesting drill designed to run you through the various shooting positions with the carbine.
From the CombatFocusShooting.com website:
The Combat Focus® Carbine Course is designed to expose students to an efficient method of defending themselves with a semi-automatic rifle during a dynamic critical incident. All of the principles and fundamentals of the Combat Focus® Shooting program are applied to the carbine and the following topics are covered:
- Four Points of Contact with a rifle and Intuitive Shooting Fundamentals
- The Balance of Speed & Precision with a carbine
- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Aiming Methods
- Combat Accuracy
- Volume of Fire
- Critical Incident Reloads & Efficient Carbine Handling
- Transitioning to a Pistol
- Counter Ambush Response with a Slung Rifle
- Shooting while Standing, Squatting, Kneeling & Seated
- Shooting around Cover & in Unorthodox Shooting Positions
- Fundamental Carbine Malfunction Clearing
The CFC Program is physically challenging course with a lot of activity and high round count. This program is often offered as a one day add on to a Combat Focus® Shooting Course, but is also available as a two day stand alone course.
Students will fire 700 rounds of ammunition-600 rifle and 100 pistol.
Please Note: In order to register for this course, a student must have completed a CFS course that offers at least one (1) day of CFS instruction.
Check out the video and make sure you drop by I.C.E. Training to check out the schedule of their classes so you can jump into one!